No cookie you can buy at the store compares to the warm homemade Oatmeal cookie. Our Adventure oatmeal cookie recipe makes the tastiest oatmeal cookies, featuring toasty rolled oats, chocolate chips, and a sweet sugary center.
Made in one bowl by hand and baked in only 10 minutes, these cookies aren’t just our best oatmeal cookies because of the flavor, but also because of the ease.
This easy Oatmeal Cookies recipe works every time. Perfect for lunch boxes and snacks.
150 g oats
80 g butter
3 tbs sugar
2 tbs flour
1 tsp baking powder
30 g chocolate chips
1. Toast the oats with 40 g butter
2. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients, 2 tbls flour with 1 tsp baking powder. Set aside.
3. In a bowl cream together the 40 g butter and 3 tbls sugar.
4. Once light and fluffy add the egg and whip until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix with a spoon until the flour has just absorbed, do not over mix.
6. Lastly, fold in the oats and the chocolate chips
7. Using a tablespoon measure scoop heaped tablespoons of the cookies dough onto your lined cookie sheet, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches between the cookies.
8. Bake at 180*C for about 9-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and slightly risen. Don't be tempted to bake for longer or you will loose the gooey center.
9. Allow the cookies to cool slightly before transferring on to a wire rack to cool fully. Enjoy!
* This dough also freezes really well for up to 3 months. Scoop it and freeze in balls so you can just take them out, defrost, and bake!