I like having sour and sweet snacks on the trips because you never know when meal time will come. These delightful cherry and cream cheese brownies are a super easy recipe to cook for any kind of adventure.
These cherry and cream cheese brownies are always eaten the first! Just try!
Chocolate layer :
100 g chocolate + 120 g butter
2 eggs + 50 g sugar + 1 tsp vanilla sugar
100 g flour + 1 tsp baking powder + pinch of salt
Cherry layer :
400 g frozen or fresh cherries
Cream cheese layer :
2 eggs + 100 g sugar + 250 g cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line a baking pan with greaseproof paper.
2. Pit a cherries
3. Melt the 120 g butter and 100 g dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Set aside to cool slightly.
4. In another bowl, add the 50 g sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla sugar and mix well combined.
5. And in another bowl, add the 100 g flour, 1 tsp baking powder, pinch of salt and mix well.
6. To the egg mix transfer chocolate mass then sift in the flour mass. Stir mixture till well combined.
7. Beat the 2 eggs with 100 g sugar and 250 g cream cheese.
8. Transfer the 1/2 chocolate mixture to the baking pan. Covered on top 1/2 cream cheese mixture and 1/2 cherries.
9. And again transfer 1/2 cream cheese mixture and 1/2 cherries.
10. Finally apply another half of chocolate mixture.
11. Level off the top, and bake for 30-40, minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out with a layer of batter the texture of peanut butter.
12. Remove from the oven and cool in the tray, before cutting into squares.
Have a tasty trip!